- 175 grams softened butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar (alternatively you can use coconut sugar or honey)
- 1 cup milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour (alternatively you can use gluten free self-raising flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (or substitute for the gluten free powder)
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees fan forced) and line a tin loaf tray with baking paper. Make sure this is also greased to help remove it from the tin after it is baked.
Little cook job: grease up the tin tray for the baking paper to stick.
- Using a beater (or for a safer alternative you can use a food processor), mix the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
Little cook job: measure out the butter and sugar. Add them to the bowl or processor.
- Next, add in the milk, eggs, flour, baking powder and cacao powder.
Little cook job: crack the egg, measure out and pour in the above ingredients.
- Hand mix with your mixing spoon until combined.
Little cook job: mix with mixing spoon.
- Pour into the lined baking tray and place in the oven for 55 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to sit in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling tray.
Little cook job: lick the bowl, spoon or beaters clean!
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.