Wow your friends and family with these Pineapple Flowers. They look like they are hard to make but they are really very easy. You can use them to decorate cupcakes, cakes or trifle.
1 ripe Pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Cut the top off the pineapple and remove the skin
- Line a large baking tray with grease-proof paper
- Slice the pineapple into 12 thin (approximately 2.5mm thick) slices
- Place the pineapple pieces on paper towel and pat to dry
Little Cook job: place the pineapple on the paper towel and dry
- Once the pineapple has dried place on baking tray
Little Cook job: place the pineapple slices in two rows on the baking tray
- Place the baking tray in the oven and cook for approximately 40 minutes or until the edges turn golden (you will need to watch the pineapple as it cooks so it does not burn around the edges)
- While the pineapple is cooking place a 12 hole muffin tin on the bench.
Little Cook job: choose the muffin tin and place on the bench
- When ready, carefully take the pineapple out of the oven. Using a small pair of tongs place each piece of pineapple above each muffin hole and gently push the centre of the pineapple into the muffin tin (the pineapple will be very hot)
Little Cook job: using the tongs, and being very careful not to burn yourself, place the pineapple into each of the muffin tin holes and press gently so the pineapple begins to form the shape of a flower
- Allow to cool fully prior to decorating cupcakes or cake with the pineapple flowers
- The remaining pineapple can be diced and blended using a blender stick. Once blended, pass through a sieve and then mix a small quantity with buttercream icing to make pineapple buttercream icing.