- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C and butter up, or spray, your muffin trays with margarine or non-stick cooking spray.
Little cook job: buttering up the trays.
- Next, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
Little cook job: measuring out the ingredients, pouring into the large bowl and mixing together with the mixing spoon.
- In a separate bowl, beat your egg lightly with a fork or whisk, then stir in the milk and oil.
Little cook job: cracking the egg into a bowl and beat the egg with their whisk. Also measuring out the milk and oil and pouring into the bowl with the egg.
- Pour the liquid and raspberries into the dry ingredients bowl. Using a fork, lightly mix the batter (quickly) until just combined. Do not use a beater or machine to mix the ingredients.
Little cook job: measuring out the raspberries and adding to the mixture. Mixing the batter together.
- The batter will be lumpy, that’s ok! It’s just the way we want it.
- Using a spoon, spread your batter into the muffin trays – it should make twelve generous muffins.
Little cook job: scraping the batter off the spoon into the trays.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Little cook job: tasting the finished product once cooled!