- 500 grams or 1.1 lbs boneless chicken mince
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 small handful fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 peeled, crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Zest & rind of 1/2 a lime or lemon
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon rock/himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon kaffir lime leaves, chopped – optional
- 2 tablespoon oil for frying in pan
- 1 egg
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and combine thoroughly to ensure all contents are mixed well.
Little cook job: measure and pour all ingredients into bowl. Mush together with hands or mixing spoon.
- With a teaspoon, scoop a small amount of mixture and roll into a small ball using wet hands. Continue until all mixture is rolled.
Little cook job: rolling into balls.
- Turn on the hotplate to medium heal and add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Allow to heat slowly to the required cooking temperature then place half of the meatballs onto the pan. Turn meatballs every few minutes until brown and cooked all of the way through.
Little cook job: set the table, or wash some veges to go with the meatballs.
- Repeat using remaining oil and meatballs.
- Enjoy with your favourite Thai style noodles or with a refreshing side salad!