- 2 sheets unflavoured gelatine
- 500 ml cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 500 grams frozen halved strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Take the gelatin sheets and soften them in cold water for 10 minutes.
Little cook job: pushing gelatin sheets in water.
- In a medium saucepan, add the cream, vanilla sugar and sugar and bring it to the boil. Remove from the heat.
Little cook job: measure out the cream, vanilla sugar and sugar. Older little cooks may be allowed to add to the pot under parental supervision.
- Go back to the gelatin, remove it from the water and squeeze it dry. Next, add it to your saucepan and whisk it through mixture until dissolved.
Little cook job: squeezing the water out of the gelatin.
- Pour evenly into cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Little cook job: line up the cups ready for pouring.
- Place the frozen strawberries in a food processor, cover and process them for 30 seconds or until puréed.
Little cook job: measuring out the strawberries and putting them in the processor.
- Remove the strawberries from the food processor and press through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. You should have around 1/2 cup of juice and purée.
Little cook job: Help press the strawberries through the strainer.
- In a saucepan, mix the strawberry purée, sugar and cornstarch over medium heat and bring to the boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool. Then cover loosely and refrigerate until serving time.
Little cook job: measure out the sugar and cornstarch.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the cups from the fridge and pour the purée evenly into the cups. Top with fresh strawberries and drizzle with the juice if desired.
Little cook job: sprinkling strawberries in the cups and drizzling a little juice.